The 1st XV are well established in National league competition regularly finishing in the top 4 and last season reached the semi finals of the national cup competition. The league is broadly spread geographically and includes opposition as far away as Swindon.
The 2nd XV having been established during the 2016-17 season will compete in a regional league with fixtures broadly restricted geographically to the North East area as far as Hull.
Both squads are made up of highly motivated and talented individuals keen to develop and improve on their current capabilities. The section as a whole caters for a wide level of ability, with a number of players achieving county recognition, as well as England U20 representation and North Region representation.
Beneath the ladies section there is an ever growing girls section with its own coaching set up which is being developed to provide a pathway into senior rugby for local girls.
Novocastrians as a club has some of the best playing and training facilities in the county with 2 full size floodlit pitches, a half size floodlit pitch as well as the main pitch.
The successful candidate will be required to work alongside our 2 existing assistant coaches and fulfil the following requirements.
• Level 2 coaching qualification minimum
• Plan and deliver a programme of pre season training
• Plan and deliver 2 training sessions a week throughout the season (Tuesday and Thursday evenings)
• Manage at least 10 home league games (1st XV) and provide support to 2nd XV and away fixtures where possible (majority of games are on Sundays)
• Provide Player feedback and position specific skill training, game plan/tactical development
• Undertake Team selection
For more information on the role please contact Fran Mockford, Assistant Director of Rugby (email@example.com). To apply, please send a CV and references to the above email.
Updated 12:48 - 9 Jun 2017 by Fran Mockford